Here is an event that I would suggest everyone attending. This weekend there is a career expo this Friday, September 5, and Saturday, September 6. Each day it is held from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the South Towne Expo Center at 9575 S. State in sandy. Here is a map if you need help getting there. It is also free admission with free parking.
For detailed information, you can visit the official website at www.utahjobexpo.com.
Like any career expo, there are around 40 exhibitors who are looking to hire. The website includes a full list, so take a look at which companies interest you and what they have to offer.
I have had many experiences at career expos before, because I just graduated from USU. The job I have right now is because I visited my company at a career expo. Even if you don't see a particular company that interests you, go anyways and you might be surprised what types of jobs are offered.
There are also workshops every hour that cover topics like resumes, cover letters, and the ever important interview. I have a list of the times of the workshops, which I could not find on the official website. I would recommend attending the Resume workshop at 10:15 Friday or Saturday or the Interviewing workshop at 1:00pm either day. If you would like to know the rest of the workshops, feel free to send an email to bringthebaconhome@gmail.com and I can help you out.
We need your help to make the blog better! If you have information or jobs that you would like to post, send an email to bringthebaconhome@gmail.com